Bloggers, writers and reporters, Pet Sitters International (PSI) appreciates your support of the 16th annual Take Your Dog To Work Day® (TYDTWDay®) and welcomes media inquiries!
The 2014 event will take place on Friday, June 20.
E-mail email@example.com or contact TYDTWDay Spokesperson Beth Stultz at (336) 983-9222, ext. 323, to:
- schedule an interview,
- request additional information or
- receive information on local participating businesses.
Please note: Articles, blog posts, etc. should properly cite the event name as PSI's Take Your Dog To Work Day® in the first mention.
TYDTWDay in the News and Online
Take Your Dog To Work Day on CNN.com
Take Your Dog To Work Day on Good Morning America
Take Your Dog To Work Day on The Huffington Post
PSI's 2014 Take Your Dog To Work Day®
History & F.A.Q.s
- TYDTWDay® was first celebrated in 1999. This year marks the 16th annual event.
- It was created by Pet Sitters International (PSI) to celebrate the great companions dogs make
and promote their adoptions.
- The event encourages employers to experience the joys of pets in the workplace for one day
to support their local pet community.
- TYDTWDay is an annual event and is always celebrated on the Friday following Father’s Day.
- It also accommodates cat lovers (and other pets) and those who cannot participate on TYDTWDay.
The entire week leading up to the event, June 16-20, is Take Your Pet To Work Week™.
- Event creator PSI is the world’s largest educational association for professional pet sitters. For
any day pets can’t be at work, pet owners can search PSI’s Official Pet Sitter Locator free-ofcharge
to find a local professional pet sitter.
- PSI feels that through the events, non-pet owners are able to witness the special bond their coworkers
have with their pets firsthand and be encouraged to adopt a new best friend of their own.
- An estimated 300 businesses participated in the inaugural celebration of TYDTWDay. Since that
time, America’s love affair with pets and interest in TYDTWDay has grown to an all-time high.
- PSI does not track the day’s participation rates because companies are not required to register
in order to participate. However, the association’s tracking
tools indicate that overall involvement around the event grows
each year, with hundreds of thousands of visitors exploring takeyourdog.com each year.
- You can follow TYDTWDay on Facebook and Twitter.